My name is Tanya Meyer and I’m an enthusiastic EFL/ESOL (English as a Foreign Language/English to Speakers of Other Languages) teacher, e-tutor and mindfulness practitioner with over 30 years’ experience teaching adults and teenagers, in the UK and in Mexico. I’ve lived in Peru, Brazil, the UK. I’m currently based in Mexico City.
- Incorporating mindfulness into my teaching (and everyday) practice
- Creating study programmes to suit your needs
- Adapting teaching materials
- Communicating with people from different cultural and language backgrounds
- 100% bilingual English and Spanish
- Intrinsically motivated
- Teamworker yet autonomous
- Effective logistical and administrative management
- Have worked with hundreds of clients and learners across industries in the UK, in Mexico and (more recently) online
- Speaker at BBELT 2020, Mexico City: Teaching with the 5 Powers
- Speaker at IATEFL 2017, Glasgow, UK: Becoming mindful teachers to enhance learning and improve performance
- Speaker at BBELT 2016, Mexico City: Teaching with Joy – 5 Steps to Mindfulness
- Speaker at BBELT 2015, Mexico City: Happy Teachers will Change the World
- Speaker at BBELT 2013, Mexico City (Best of British English Language Teaching): Discourse digested: what is cohesion and how does it work?
English private and corporate tuition, 1989 to date
Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, January 2020 to date
CIDE (Centro de Investigación y Docencia Económicas), Mexico City, August 2016 to date
British Council, Mexico City, 2011 to date
Embassy CES, Greenwich, UK, January 2005 – June 2007
ESOL at Lambeth College, UK, December 2004
Shane Global, Bromley, UK, August 2003 – December 2004
- All levels: Starter, Elementary, Pre-Int, Int, Upper-Int, Advanced
- E-moderator / Online teaching
- Teacher trainer – ICELT, TKT
- All nationalities
- Groups and One-to-Ones
- Adults, teenagers and young learners
- Preparing students for external examinations (eg UCLES FCE, CAE, CPE and IELTS)
- Business English and BEC
University of Cambridge, DELTA (Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults), 2004
University of Cambridge, CELTA (Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults), Pass Grade “A”
UNAM (The National Autonomous University of Mexico), BA in Language and Modern Literature (English), Minor in Translation (English – Spanish), Mexico City, 1987 – 1991
Marine Investigator, MRC, Oxford, England, April – December 2000
MRC provides commercial intelligence to the marine and energy markets.
Lloyd’s Broker (Marine), COOPER GAY Ltd., London, England, 1999 – 2000
Manager, PANDI NAVE, Veracruz, Mexico, 1996 – 1999
Assistant Director, PANDI NAVE, Mexico City, Mexico, 1989 – 1996
Pandi Nave acts as Representative/Correspondent for marine insurance providers based in Europe and the Far East.
- Have received the 5 Mindfulness Trainings in the Plum Village tradition, founded by Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh
- Mindful walking
- I live with a 12-year-old rescue, Sashi, the sweetest dog in the world, and Rumi, a 3-year-old rescue cat
- Reading, especially books about (secular) Buddhism and self-development
- Cooking vegan food
Get in touch!
Are you interested in knowing more about mindfulness?